Sgrios Mass: Gods, Aislings and Chaos

Sermon prepared and delivered by Acolyte Xyphera

As Aislings we have all seen our share of Chaos here and there.
Be it on the battlefields of Medenia, or, in my case, the dim
and chill depths of the Mileth Crypt. So it's a bit of a given
that we are all familiar with the concept of Chaos to varying
degrees. As followers of our Lord Sgrios we may have even
encited some Chaos of our own here and there..

But is it truly Chaos that we have enacted or witnessed?
I remember reading a quote somewhere that goes something
along lines of,
"What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly."

Under the gaze of our Lord Sgrios we are but flies in his
web, though some of us may have more comfortable spots within
the web. The differences between Gods and Aislings may be more
vast than any ocean that we will ever see with our mortal eyes.

Triggering or enciting Chaos in order to watch the aftermath, the
scrambling of mundanes and Aislings alike, can be fun from time
to time.. But engaging in it too often can lead to Chaos becoming
something else. From time to time we have to stop and ask for
guidence or ask ourselves,

"Is this truly the Will of my Lord?"

Finding the answer to that can be complicated and incredibly
difficult at times because of the reason I mentioned earlier..

All the Gods are different from one another, they see things
in different ways and approach topics from unique angles of
thought. They think about things in ways that are much different
from us Aislings. Some among us can feel and know some part of
the will of our Lord Sgrios.. But I believe that not one of us can
grasp the full extent of His will.

We measure time in hours, days, and weeks whereas the Gods may
measure time in millenia and aeons, seeing and thinking far in
excess than any of us can manage. Just thinking on this subject
is enough to give me pause to try to consider what my place is..
Within the Faith and in the World.. And as I sit here, writing
in the Temple of My Lord, I find that I am at a loss. I have no
idea what Sgrios intends for me, but I can say that I do not
hold any fear for what may become of me in time, nor am I upset
that I have not found my place yet.

What I do know is that eventually He will reveal my purpose, in
one way or another and until then I will keep searching within
myself, and in my prayers until it is time for me to know His will
and I encourage others to do the same.

Take a moment here or there and just wonder and pray about your
place in this World and within your Faith.

Comments